Wednesday, June 22, 2011

First Experiences ...

J is 7 years old ... and this morning was his very first experience with swallowing a pill.  It did NOT go well.  After the first two attempts, he took the pill out of his mouth (which he was told not to do).  We got the pill back in his mouth.  I told him to take a drink of water and think about the fact that the water needs to go down - but NOT to think about the pill in his mouth.  He held that drink of water in his mouth for about 3 minutes before it finally went down.  J kept walking to the sink (as if I were going to let him spit it out - HAHA, yea, right!)

What are your tips and tricks to get your kids to swallow pills without a fight?!

Enjoy your day!
Sara

2 comments:

  1. Well,my almost 12 year old JUST learned how to swallow a pill a few weeks ago,so I dont have any tips or tricks! lol. But the weird thing is,he learned how to swallow it WITHOUT any water,,just the dry pill..he wont swallow it with a drink! lol..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn started swallowing early this year... when she was 5. I just gave her it and she kept trying...I told her it was like eating...I don't think there is a secret to it...

    PS Steph (my sis) is like 27 and has trouble...

    ReplyDelete