Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Slow Cooker Lasagna

I want you to know that this is not completely mine - I started with a recipe I got from Kraft Foods, then I altered it to fit our family. Slow Cooker Lasagna Ingredients: 1 lb. ground beef 1 jar Ragu Sauce 1 cup water 1 container (15 oz.) Cottage Cheese 1 pkg. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided 1 egg 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley 6 lasagna noodles, uncooked (I think I usually use more than 6 ... but I don't ever count, I just layer until it's done.) Make it: Brown meat in large skillet, then drain. Stir in Ragu and water. Mix cottage cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella, 2 Tbsp. Parmesan, egg and parsley. Spoon 1 cup meat sauce into slow cooker, top with layers of half each of the noodles, broken to fit, and cheese mixture. Cover with 2 cups meat sauce. Top with remaining noodles, broken to fit, cheese mixture and meat sauce. Cover with lid. Cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; let stand, covered, 10 min. or until melted. *Sara Note: I am not a precise person, so when I make it, MY measurements are guesstimations, the measurements provided in the "Make It" portion is what Kraft suggests!) Enjoy! Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment